5.23.2006

I'll believe it when I see it

Another reason for me to remember to bring my camera with me wherever I go. I was in Milton this morning at a stop light at Granite Avenue. Ahead of me was a green Subaru Legacy Outback, and poking out the back seat window was an awesome weimaraner, a breed of slate gray-haired and blue-eyed dogs made famous by Holyoke-born photographer William Wegman. I really admire these dogs, and Mrs. Boston Crazy Driving and I have designs on owning one when Simon the wonder boxer goes across the Rainbow Bridge, as it were.

It wasn't the dog that I wanted to photograph. It was the white bag hanging from the rear window wiper. At first, I thought it was a prank played on the driver by someone, perhaps a friend or mishchievous passerby. Then I looked closely, and realized the driver must have put the white plastic bag there on purpose because it seemed to contain, erm, well, the produce of the dog's digestive system (how's that for a euphemism?). Now that's genius, and not something one sees every day. I was glad to see the owner was kind enough to pick up after the dog, and a bit amused at where the bag got to ride. It's one of those cases where a picture tells the story better than any prose.

|
Comments:

Post a Comment