6.23.2006

The worst conceivable situation

OK, it's a Friday in the summer. Most of Boston's offices emptied midday, but I'm still at work. Why? It's not because I have a big project or a looming deadline. Nope. It's just impossible to from north to south at the moment, as shown in this Bill Brett photo on boston.com

The passing thunderstorms earlier this afternoon caused the closure of the Expressway in Quincy, and basically F'd up all other highways. The gridlock on 93 South is reported out to Spot Pond in Stoneham, making the afternoon commute look like the morning one when there's an accident.

So, I'm sitting at work waiting. I'm waiting for the traffic to subside, when I could, should be at home with Mrs. Boston Crazy Driving and Boston Crazy Driving fils. Happy weekend everyone!

|
Comments:

Post a Comment